InterNet Communication Network Message:
1. Registrations are coming in regularly. Register before October 1st, before the price goes UP! And don’t forget you will be registered for door prizes only if you are registered by Oct. 1st. We can’t imagine why anyone would want to miss the 50th State Festival!
2. Hotels are filling up; some are full. Get your hotel booked.
3. The cost of the festival program book is INCLUDED in the FULL registration price. If you only register for one day, then you must pay the $5 for the book. We will be printing enough program books for those who order them (as of Oct. 1), plus a limited number to sell during the festival. However during the festival the book will be $10, not $5. So order NOW!
4. For this historical dance we are providing a table for each district to use to display the history of their district and/or clubs. Make it look pretty!
5. The Fashion Show theme is “Yellow Rock Soda Shop”! Does that peak your curiosity? Well it should. Deadline is September 30, we need more participants. Information is on the website.
6. Club Banners – in years past there has been a place to hang club banners. Not so in Peculiar. However we are planning a club banner grand march, so bring your club banner and participate in our grand march! (Check with your club to see who is bringing it.)
7. Silent Auction – that has been a very successful event the past few years. So we are continuing the practice. District, clubs and/or individuals are encouraged to donate items with at least a $25 value to the silent auction. Items need to arrive and be checked in on Friday night. Bidding will be all Friday night and Saturday until 9:30 p.m. Item winners will be posted by 10 p.m. Saturday night.
8. Door Prizes – we are asking each club to provide at least 3 door prize items for the drawings. Dancers that pre-register prior to October 1st are eligible. Items should be valued at between $5 and $10 each; wrapped or unwrapped, your choice. Items should be checked in Friday night. Door prizes will be marked beginning 9 p.m. Friday night. Prizes not picked up by 8 p.m. on Saturday night will be given away on Sunday morning at the Doin’s dance.
9. Oh yes – did we forget to tell you that there is going to be lots of square dancing, round dancing, lines and couples dancing, and lots of fun, fellowship and celebration at this weekend event! Well there is! Come join us!!!