InterNet Communication Network Message:
1. Get your registration mailed before October 1st, before the price goes UP! That’s the only way you will be registered for door prizes.
2. Callers & Cuers – should have received their calling schedule by now. Please communicate with Al if there is a change in your plans. Please let us know by Oct. 1 if you will be attending the caller/cuer appreciation breakfast on Saturday morning.
3. Last few days to get registered for the Fashion Show. Doesn’t the theme of “Yellow Rock Soda Shop” sound fun! Deadline is September 30, we need more participants. Information is on the website. Call Karen Craig at 660-845-2188 if you have any questions.
4. Raffle tickets – PLEASE DO NOT MAIL ANY RAFFLE TICKETS after October 10th. Bring them with you to the dance.
5. Club Banners – who is bringing your club banner for the club banner grand march? Make sure you bring it and participate in our grand march!
6. Saturday night ceremonies will have the usual announcement of the 2009 Caller/Cuer Hall of Fame recipient and the 2009 Square Dancer of the Year. There will be that banner grand march we talked about. There will also be recognition of past presidents of the Federation, we hope some as far back as the early 1970’s.
7. Sunday morning Doin’s Dance. Lots of people use this time to renew their Doin’s subscription. Dance to our state callers at their finest as they let their hair down and make the Sunday dance a fun one to remember as you all head home. Coffee and donuts are provided. There is no extra cost to attend this dance, but additional donations are always accepted. There will be a donation box and all donations go to defray the printing cost of the Doin’s.
8. Campers – those dry camping on site at the school parking lot cannot arrive and be parked before 3 p.m. on Friday afternoon.
9. Oh yes – did we forget to tell you that there is going to be lots of square dancing, round dancing, lines and couples dancing, and lots of fun, fellowship and celebration at this weekend event! Well there is! Come join us!!!